Does this sound familiar?
The summer before my first year teaching was filled with terror and excitement like I had never known.
I had never wanted to rock something more but felt less ready.
I wanted to prepare, but didn’t know how. Curriculum was nowhere to be found. The other teachers in my building were M.I.A. Everything I from my prep program felt nebulous and confusing.
And any time I told someone I was about to start my first year, they always told me details how horrific their first year was.
Fast forward to the end of the year.
At an end-of-the-party after my first year teaching, two of my admin separately told me that they never would have thought I was a first year teacher. My jaw dropped. Really???
My second year teaching, I won an Outstanding Beginning Teacher Award and was named Department Chair in my school.
Want to know how that all happened?
Because of everything I prepared before the start of the year.
And that's good news for you.
Because it means there's a fix for all the fears swirling in your head right now,
AND with the right tools, you may not just survive this year...but rock it.
That's where this course comes in.
The Ultimate New Teacher Workshop is a step-by-step course on how to prepare like a veteran teacher for your first day, from the ground-up. No unnecessary frills. No time-wasting. And no crummy lesson plans, either.
It's how you can skip hundreds of hours searching for help, reinventing the wheel, and draining yourself by panicking to figure out how to do this thing.
Together, we'll cut out the stuff that's not going to make a difference and focus on the essentials, walking step-by-step on how to do it. The stuff that's going to make you feel prepared, and the stuff that's going to help you make a difference in your students' lives.
You'll receive a concrete break-down on how to get all the things buzzing around your head done before the start of the year--curriculum planning, documentation, classroom set-up, parent contact, time management--and an exclusive group of fellow new teachers to encourage you along the way.
After completing this course, you’ll feel more confident, calm and prepared for an incredible year--all in 4 weeks.
This Course is for YOU if...
- You're preparing for your first year teaching, re-entering teaching, or want a complete makeover of last year.
- You're exploding from nerves about teaching and not sure where to put that anxiety.
- You need help on knowing what to prepare and how to do it.
- You feel unsupported by your school, underprepared by your teacher prep program, rusty from a break from teaching, or panicked about not having any training at all.
- You want guidance on designing high quality, standards-aligned curriculum and putting together lesson plans that are effective and engaging.
- You are looking for some tips on how to manage your time this year so you don't burn out.
- You want a network of other new teachers to connect with and find support from.
This course is not for you if...
- You don’t want to work hard to prepare for your first year. Though this course is going to save you a lot of time, setting up an awesome year still takes a lot of (strategic) work.
- You are cool with spending hundreds hours in scanning thousands of pins, articles, and advice from people with varying expertise to find how best to prepare, or just want to wing it this year
- You are bent on having that classic horrific first year teaching. Nope. That’s not what we’re about here.
"All summer I’ve been thinking that I need to do things to get prepared for the school year but I wasn’t exactly sure what. I am SOOOOO thankful to have found this that tells me EXACTLY what to do. It has made me feel so much better about the upcoming school year and has made it a lot less scary."
Hi! I’m Jeanne. I’m a former middle school ELA teacher, college instructor, and the founder of Teacher Off Duty--a blog dedicated to helping teachers save time, teach better, and live happier. I have 9 years of teaching and instructional coaching, including mentoring as a cooperating teacher, serving as Department Chair, and a Masters degree in Curriculum and Instruction. Since founding Teacher Off Duty, I've helped thousands of new teachers along their journey to a smooth and fulfilling first few years teaching.
In my 2nd year teaching, I won an Outstanding Beginning Teaching Award and I didn't feel special enough for it at all. In fact, I knew then what I know now: I owed the early success largely to the strategic preparation I did before them. And now, I want to help you do the same.
Enroll Now and Receive:
-8 bundles of clear, step-by-step guides with examples to get you planned and ready for the year, sent twice a week for 4 weeks
-Dozens of pages of guided planning sheets
-Access to the New Teacher Workshop Facebook group to connect with other all-star new teachers to ask questions and get feedback now and throughout the year
-Lifetime access to all course content
-The knowledge that you can start this year (and every year after) prepared and confident and ready with a support group rallying behind you
"I'm going into education from an engineering background and was clueless where to start. Now, I am already impressing my principal with my procedures and understanding of unit planning! I've already tooted your horn through FB groups and can't wait to dive in further!" - 2018 Alumna